The Street Eats Food Truck Festival, held at the Salt River Fields just across the freeway from the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, was a fun and tasty way to sample some of the Valley's food truck offerings. I, along with several friends, ventured to this festival on Sunday.
Eat Until You Feel the Coma Coming
Some of the varied items I consumed included:
- Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Tasty, but could have used a little more lobster and less grilled onions.
- Truffle Oil Fries with Parmesan Cheese - Possibly some of the tastiest fries I've had.
- Indian Fried Bread with Fudge - Good and crispy!
- Kettle Corn - I love kettle corn, and the smell from the cooker was amazing!
- Fried buffalo chicken balls - Quite good, with a smoky blue cheese that wasn't too odorous.
- "Soft pretzel" with beer cheese - The beer cheese was delicious, but the soft pretzel was definitely not soft. I felt like I needed a diamond coated saw blade to cut into it.
While this food truck festival was fun, it was quite pricey...Read More